Art Pottery, Politics and Food
Saturday, January 21, 2006
 

Somehow Blanche duRove, frail and in a neurotic emotional state, escaped her squalid relationship with a swarthy muscleman long enough to speak on the Elysian Fields of southern gentility yesterday afternoon:

"I stayed and struggled…and tried to hold it together. Oh, I'm not meaning this in any reproachful way. But all the burdens descended on my shoulders...You were the one that abandoned Belle ‘Merica, not I. I stayed and fought for it, bled for it, almost died for it…I took the blows in my face and my body. All of those deaths. The long parade to the graveyard…Death is expensive…And I, on my pitiful salary…Where were you?"

Modified Image: New York Times, USOperaWeb.com, Washington Post
Apologies: Tennessee Williams
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Advertising is not allowed in these spaces unless with prior permission from me.
Sudden fertive ad posts will be deleted.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger