Art Pottery, Politics and Food
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
 

A C-SPAN caller from Mississippi, this morning around 7:57 AM EST, presented his historic memory for national rumination before Mr. Bush's latest political attempt to save his doomed, lie-strewn presidency :

I do not believe that the President has a real good grasp of reality.
I don’t believe that he, uh, values the lives of enlisted men.
I served with him in the early 1970s.
I was in the Louisiana National Guard when he flew in from Texas.
He got drunk on a Fri--on a Saturday night.
He couldn’t fly out on Sunday morning.
And, from his treatment of me and other young people waiting for him to sober up on the Flight Line from 7 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon…It taught me that that man just didn’t respect enlisted people…That’s true.


Modified Image: AP
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger